Friday, December 17, 2010

Saying goodbye... (part one)

...Is the hardest thing to do. Unfortunately, it's just part of life. Tonight was my final concert in Novgorod, and I said goodbye to all of my performance friends and my beloved Russian Show-Choir. We won the equivalent of "Best of show," and they gave me my own medal to take home with me! And a HUGE Calender from the University. Check us out: We are some hot, hot ladies.


Just like on my Birthday, we drank champagne, made toasts to how AWESOME Russia is, and they gave me a card. One of the girls wrote me a poem, and another made me a little bunny pin as a gift (next year is the year of the rabbit, everyone in Russia knows the Chinese zodiac pattern). They also brought me a cake (which was basically a giant custard-filled cream puff) which we promptly devoured:


We all gathered backstage and sang Russian songs as our friends played their guitars, but soon the show was over it was time to go. They dedicated one last Russian song to me, and I couldn't help but cry... But in the end we all just belted the chorus and danced around like fools singing "Do Svidaniye, Proshaite!" (Goodbye, farewell!)

I have basically said goodbye to all of the other Oles, we are all spending our last days with our families and friends. On the last day of classes we got our certificates and grades, we said goodbye to our teachers, and they gave us each a Novgorod magnet to remember our time here. After that, we all went to out for our favorite after-school snack: Shawerma. It's like a Gyro, but BETTER.

So tomorrow I will say goodbye to my friends Dima and Ira, who have been so incredibly awesome, I can't believe I have to leave them... as well as to my wonderful family, and my OUTSTANDING mother!!! We try really hard not to talk about my leaving, but tomorrow we are having the official "Good-bye" meal. Goodness gracious, how will I live without my Russkaya Mamochka and her amazing home cookin'???

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment