Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ПБ+Джей / PB&J

Hey y'all,

Tonight I was talking with my host mother about Birthdays --- She wanted to know how I celebrated my birthday in America. I told her that usually people make a cake, with candles, yada yada yada. She said "I know, but how do YOU celebrate your birthday?" So, I told her that I don't ask for cake... I ask for PIE. My real mom, you know, in America, makes the most delicious Rhubarb pie EVER. I told my host mom about it, and I had to look up the word for Rhubarb (it's Ревень, by the way). I got so excited, I decided it was time to give my host mom the gift I had brought for her. "But today's not my birthday!" she said, as I was running to my room.

I returned with her gift: A jar of Skippy peanut butter, and some of my mom's homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam. I whipped out some bread and made PB&J sandwiches, Amerikanskiy style. To my surprise, she LOVED it (despite the fact that it has "Soooo many calories")! Thank goodness, because a LOT of europeans (and I told her this) don't like peanut butter. They don't have it here, you know --- it's very hard to find! Anyway, they were just about the best PB&J sandwiches I ever had. God Bless America.

Peace,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment