Monday, September 20, 2010

Dear Russia,

I am starting to view Russia less as a country in which I am living, and more as a person I am getting to know. Right now we're still acquaintances, and we're trying our best to understand eachother, but it's impossible to communicate with my abstraction of "Russia" using words (in Russian OR English). Sometimes we just assume things about eachother, and we are totally wrong: For instance, sometimes I think that Russia and I should do something together, and later I find out that Russia is SO not into whatever I suggested (or vice-versa). Sometimes Russia is my best friend, and I think to myself "You completely understand me! I trust and love you with all of my heart and soul!" Sometimes Russia pushes me in the mud, and kicks me in the face. But what can you do? Take the good with the bad, I guess. Russian and I are working on our relationship, and I am learning a lot from the experience. That being said, this weekend Russia and I had a bit of a row, and now we are hard at work making it up to each other. I see sunny skies ahead.

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you and Russia work it out and that you have a great rest of the week and weekend. Just remember though, that Minnesota LOVES you!

    ReplyDelete