Monday, January 31, 2011

Belgiummmm

Alright, so I'm not in Belgium anymore, but I'll tell you about it now, is that ok? Ok, good. So, Belgium... I arrive at the train station in Ghent after a few minor difficulties (trains being late, conductors being late, conductors not being able to conduct my train because they are driving another train that is blocked by a third train...) and I had a couple of hours to kill before Guillaume (My unofficially adopted French brother...?) could come pick me up. I went on a nice walk, and had some tea, which I tried to order in French and soon learned that English was the way to go. Good news, because my French is still sub-par if you ask me.


Anyway, tea was lovely, and then Guillaume met me at the train station and took me to his work party, which was GREAT! I met so many people from everywhere around the world: France, Italy, China, Germany, Tunisia... I had a great time. Everyone seemed interested in my travels as well, which was fun to talk about. Guillaume also took me around the old part of Ghent at night, because there was a light festival going on and all of the Flemish were out and about. We remarked on many occasions: "Flemish people are so funny!"


The next day Guillaume and I stayed in and ordered pizza, watched a lot of Friends, and the Princess and the Frog. I tried some Belgian beer, and on my last morning Guillaume took me out for Belgian waffles: BEST way to end a PERFECT visit to see my brother in Belgium.

Next up --- Amsterdam!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment